Pastrana 6th in Debut, Showdown Results
January 30, 2011
Race Summary: No. 99 Boost Mobile Toyota driver Travis Pastrana impressed the NASCAR world Saturday night posting a sixth-place finish in his NASCAR debut in the action-packed Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway.
The race was divided into three segments (100 laps,100 laps and 25 laps.) Pastrana had to take action to avoid accidents most of the night including three crashes in the first segment. The action sports star started 20th and raced there for the first two segments. On the final 25-lap segment Pastrana restarted 15th and a multi-car incident helped propel him into the top 10. In the closing laps, the 27-year-old driver raced three-wide with several competitors and crossed the finish line sixth.
Pastrana expects to race in the K&N Pro Series West race at Phoenix in February. He’ll enter his first of seven 2011 Nationwide races at Indianapolis in July.
Travis Pastrana, No. 99 Boost Mobile Toyota
· Travis Pastrana started 20th and finished sixth
· Recorded his first top-10 in his NASCAR debut
· Went a lap down to the leaders on lap 171 but was able to recover when the leader suffered a flat tire a few laps later.
· Suffered minor right-front fender damage on lap 61 caution
· Suffered from a tight-handling race car for much of the race
TRAVIS PASTRANA QUOTE: “It was absolutely awesome. I was just happy not to be a complete road block. I learned a lot. That last green, it was just chaotic, it was four wide, three wide. I just have to thank Matt Crafton (spotter) for keeping me out of most of the trouble. It was a lot of fun. It felt like a win. I know I had a lot of guys in front of me and a lot of guys faster than me. However, it was a good time out there.”
· Jason Bowles won his first All-Star Showdown in front of a sold-out crowd
· Bowles is a three-time winner at Irwindale Speedway
· Bowles won the K&N Pro West Series championship in
· D.J. Kennington, Jonathon Gomez and Luis Martinez Jr. rounded out the top five
FINAL RESULTS (Unofficial)
4Luis Martinez, Jr. *
19Travis Milburn *
21Michael Self *
22Andrew Ranger *
25Troy Ermish *
31Darrell Wallace, Jr. *
34Max Gresham *
36Greg Rayl *
38 Auggie Vidovich
39 Sergio Pena *
40Miguel Paludo *