NASCAR Celebrates Champion’s Week in Las Vegas
With First-Time Champion Kevin Harvick
Four-Day NASCAR Postseason Bash Returns with New Consumer Activations, Traditional Fan-Favorite Events
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 25, 2014) — After a season filled with exciting racing fueled by the revamped Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ format, NASCAR will return to Las Vegas in December for its annual postseason celebration – this edition with first-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Kevin Harvick as the guest of honor.
NASCAR dignitaries, Hollywood stars and race fans will convene for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™, Dec. 2 through Dec. 5, for an exciting lineup featuring new consumer activations, fan-favorite events and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards™. Once again, NASCAR headquarters will be anchored at Wynn Las Vegas, a premier resort destination in Las Vegas.
Among the fan-friendly and interactive events this year will be Champion’s Week Live at The LINQ Promenade, a new open-air fan hub located in the shadow of the 550-foot tall High Roller experience, offering an assortment of new activities. Returning will be the fan-favorite NASCAR Victory Lap parade, which provides fans with up-close views of Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Challengers in their race cars beginning at Miracle Mile Shops and ending at The LINQ.
Another notable event on the schedule is the annual NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon, where drivers and teams collect a number of year-end awards and accolades. In addition, NASCAR After The Lap™ sponsored by Ford Motor Company, Coca-Cola and Sprint, will feature an interactive Q&A where Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Challengers share their biggest moments of the season, followed by an event-closing performance by Republic Nashville artist Cassadee Pope.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week will culminate with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards, where this year’s Chase drivers will be recognized for their accomplishments on stage before a star-studded audience comprised of teams, owners, celebrities and fans. FOX Sports 1 will provide coverage of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards beginning at 9 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will begin coverage at 8 p.m. ET.
Following is a rundown of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week activities; all times are Pacific time unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, Dec. 2
· NASCAR Live: Eli Gold will sit down for an hour with 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Kevin Harvick to discuss his season, the new Chase format and what winning the championship means. NASCAR Live will air from inside the Race and Sports Book at Wynn Las Vegas from 4 – 5 p.m. on Motor Racing Network. This event is free to the public and fans in attendance will have a chance to participate in the live broadcast.
Tuesday – Wednesday, Dec. 2 – 3
· 2014 NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum: The 15th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum, presented by SportsBusiness Daily/Global/Journal, is the motorsports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Once again, the event will be held at Aria Resort & Casino. Registration is required at http://www.MotorsportsMarketingForum.com.
Wednesday – Friday, Dec. 3 – 5
· Pit Pass Check-In: Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 3, fans can pick up a Pit Pass at NASCAR fan headquarters, Champion’s Week Live at The LINQ Promenade, and start checking in at various locations around the city where NASCAR partners will feature displays, including show cars. Running from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. each day, check-in locations include Tropicana (Ford), Treasure Island (Daytona International Speedway, Phoenix International Raceway and Auto Club Speedway), Paris Las Vegas (Las Vegas Motor Speedway) Caesars Palace (Chevrolet), Lagasse Stadium at The Palazzo (Toyota), and Excalibur (Mechanix Wear).
Wednesday – Friday, Dec. 3 – 5
· Champion’s Week Live at The LINQ Promenade: The center of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week experience will be at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip – Champion’s Week Live at The LINQ Promenade, the ultimate NASCAR fan headquarters. Open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. each day, fans can purchase Chase merchandise at the NASCAR Superstore, get their photo taken with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series trophy, and view Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver cars on display. For a full list of activities, fans and media can visit http://www.ChampionsWeek.NASCAR.com.
Wednesday, Dec. 3
· Fanfest Presented by Las Vegas Motor Speedway: Held at the Fremont Street Experience, the sixth annual LVMS Fanfest will begin at 2 p.m. This event is free to the public and will consist of a red carpet walk by the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Challengers, followed by a special “game show format” event. Select fans may be chosen to participate in an onstage game with the drivers with the chance to win two tickets to the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards held two nights later at Wynn Las Vegas.
Thursday, Dec. 4
· NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will take place from 11 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas, where several team and individual awards will be presented. The event will be live-streamed on http://www.NASCAR.com.
· NASCAR Victory Lap: The green flag on the Victory Lap will fly at 3:30 p.m. when the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers parade down Las Vegas Boulevard in their race cars. NASCAR Victory Lap will start in front of the Miracle Mile Shops and finish at The LINQ Promenade. Fans will once again have the unique opportunity to experience the excitement of NASCAR with two burnout sections and viewing areas along the route. Portions of the event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio and http://www.NASCAR.com will live-stream the event.
· NASCAR After The Lap sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and Sprint: Another highly-anticipated event is NASCAR After The Lap sponsored by Ford, Coca-Cola and Sprint, which will be held from 5 – 6:30 p.m. at The Pearl Theater inside Palms Casino Resort. Featuring the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Challengers and a performance by country artist Cassadee Pope, the sold-out event will be live-streamed on http://www.NASCAR.com and will air later that evening on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio from midnight – 2 a.m. ET.
Friday, Dec. 5
· 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: This black-tie celebration will be held at Wynn Las Vegas, where the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion driver and owner and the other Chase drivers will be honored. The drivers and stars will walk the Red Carpet from 4 – 5 p.m. and NASCAR.com will live stream the arrivals from 4:30 – 5 p.m. FOX Sports 1 will air the show live beginning at 9 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will begin coverage at 8 p.m. ET.
· Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Reveal: The Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award will be given to one dedicated NASCAR fan who has made a profound impact on children in his or her community. The NASCAR Foundation will announce the national award winner during this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards. Fans can cast their vote for the 2014 Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award winner by visiting http://www.NASCAR.com/award before 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 4.